BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

07 June 2011

Celebration of an Aussie

I was asked to provide the flowers for a funeral for a lady who was originally from Australia. It was a sad occasion but I was honored to work with the family to decide on flowers that their mother and grandmother would have loved. This was her casket piece. I was able to find some Golden Wattle, which is the national flower of Australia (the little yellow flowers), and two different kinds of eucalyptus. I also used white hydrangea, orange Gerber daisies and roses, snapdragons, stock, larkspur, and a few other things as well.

One of the family members really wanted to include birds of paradise in a wreath and I think it combined beautifully with white lilies, purple mums, and roses.

A small arrangement for the family.

A basket arrangement with many of the same flowers as the casket piece. White lilies and orange roses made a great duo in this vase arrangement topped with curly willow.

0 comments: